Allow your Mini Cooper S to use all the power it has and effectively put it down to the ground with the Quaife Torque Biasing Differential. The Quaife Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip (along the path of least resistance). The Quaife Torque Biasing Differential, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and sends the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel. Doing this allows your Mini Cooper to maintain better traction providing for improved cornering and quicker acceleration.
| Quaife Torque Biasing Differential Benefits |
- Increased traction
- Quicker acceleration
- Reduced wheelspin under heavy acceleration
- Smooth and constant operation
- Direct replacement
- Relies on gears rather than clutches for operation
- Lifetime warranty
- The Mini Cooper Quaife Differential never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle, like a conventional LSD. Rather, it automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree, and never locks.
- The Quaife Torque Biasing Differential has many benefits over a standard open differential, including maximizing traction and minimizing wheelspin, eliminating torque steer and snatching in front wheel drive cars compared to conventional LSD units, and a maintenance-free design which retains the standard oil lubrication.