- Safely run more boost on your F8X M3 / M4 and blow away the competition.
- Keep your intake air temps down for more power and longer engine life.
- Put your mind at ease knowing that Mishimoto Intercoolers are built to last and come with a lifetime warranty.
- Direct fit for the 20152020 BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition
- 29% increase in core volume
- 16% increase in flow
- Average power gains of 11 whp and 8 wtq when combined with Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
- 12°F drop in intake air temperatures with Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
- Unique single-pass core design for improved cooling capacity
- Cast aluminum end tanks with incorporated diverters for maximum flow
- Bar-and-plate core for maximum cooling efficiency
- Micro-wrinkle black powder-coated finish for sleek aesthetic in the engine bay
- Compatible with stock and Mishimoto charge pipes
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- 2015 - 2018 BMW M3 Base
- 2015 - 2020 BMW M4 Base
- 2019 - 2020 BMW M4 CS
- 2016 BMW M4 GTS
BMW has a knack for maintaining their stake as the benchmark when it comes to performance luxury vehicles, with the F8X generation being no exception. The S55 that powers the 2015-2020 BMW F8X M3, M4 and M2 Competition is dripping with technology, which includes an air-to-water intercooling system for a means of keeping cool. Where BMW's intercooler design was enough to help bring this generation of mid-sized M's to their peak, we here at Mishimoto found some weaknesses that we felt obliged to improve on.
We started with the end tanks. The Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler features full, cast aluminum end tanks, TIG welded to our bar-and-plate core for maximum durability as you increase the boost in your Bimmer. Our end tanks also include internal air diverters on both the inlet and outlet to ensure an even flow of charged air through the core. When it comes to the core, bigger is better, and we were able to expand the size of our core in all dimensions, resulting in a 29% increase in core volume while abstaining from any modifications when it comes to installation. Our new core also features a unique single-pass internal fin layout for the coolant passage for optimal heat transfer from the charged air to the coolant.
With our improvements combined, we saw the Mishimoto 2015-2020 BMW F8X M3 and M4 Performance Intercooler increase flow through the core by 16% and recorded a 12 F drop in intake air temperatures when tested with the Mishimoto Performance Heat Exchanger. We also recorded an average increase of 11whp and 8wtq during our testing with peak gains of up to 31whp and 10wtq.
With the micro-wrinkle black finish and sleek header plate design, the Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Performance intercooler makes for not only the perfect addition to your F8X build, but also looks right at home in the M's engine bay. Like all of our products, the Mishimoto 2015-2020 BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition Performance Air-to-Wate
Due to a leaking oem unit, I had the Mishimoto charge cooler along with the front mount heat exchanger installed on my F80 M3 last week. I've seen plenty of opinions on the internet that say the S55 doesn't suffer from power loss due to heat soak, but in my experience it most certainly does here in socal where the temp is routinely 80-100 degrees. I don't know how much power gets pulled when intake temps are too high, but it's definitely noticeable. Since the Mishimoto parts went on, it's been very hot here - in the 90's all last week, 100˚ today where I am. I've noticed no power loss due to heat soak at all. Car's felt rock solid. Yeah they're not cheap, but I can definitely recommend these parts.