- Safely run more boost on your Audi A3/S3 / VW Golf / GTI / Golf R and blow away the competition.
- Keep your intake air temps down for more power and longer engine life.
- Put your mind at ease knowing that Mishimoto Intercoolers are built to last and come with a lifetime warranty.
- Direct fit for the 2015+ Volkswagen Golf TSI/GTI/R and Audi A3/S3
- Max power gains of 14.5 whp and 13 wtq on stock tuning
- 89% increase in core volume
- 162% increase in external fin surface area
- Drops intercooler outlet temperature by 23°F
- Cast end tanks with internal diverters for optimal airflow through core
- 10% increase in average diameter over stock piping
- 30% increase in flow over stock components
- Mandrel-bent aluminum piping with durable 5-layer silicone couplers
- Bar-and-plate intercooler core construction
- Includes CNC-machined adjustable mounting brackets for precise installation
- Piping available in polished and wrinkle black finishes
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- 2015 - 2019 Audi A3 Quattro
- 2015 - 2019 Audi A3
- 2015 - 2019 Audi S3
- 2015 - 2019 Audi TT Quattro
- 2015 - 2019 Volkswagen Golf R
- 2015 - 2019 Volkswagen GTI
- 2015 - 2019 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn
- 2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit Edition
- 2017 Volkswagen GTI Sport
- 2015 - 2018 Volkswagen Golf
- 2017 - 2019 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
- 2015 - 2019 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
- 2017 Volkswagen Golf Wolfsburg Edition
- 2016 Volkswagen Golf Base
- 2015 Volkswagen Golf Launch Edition
The mantra behind the grandfather of all hot-hatchbacks has long since been that big things come in small packages. Now on its 7th generation, the 2015+ Golf TSI/GTI/R's and its intercooling system are about to receive a much-needed overhaul with the Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit.
The stock system can be best described as the meat in an intercooler sandwich. It's no wonder with it placed directly between the radiator and AC condenser that this tube-and-fin constructed intercooler has trouble keeping up. Where this lighter core coupled with plastic end tanks might be suited for mass production and tame street driving, it will struggle to keep your intake air temperatures down under more intense driving, especially after the boost is turned up.
The Mishimoto 2015+ Volkswagen MK7 Golf TSI/GTI/R Performance Intercooler, armed with an arsenal of cooling technology, takes the place of the stock intercooler. Our engineers were able to squeeze in a larger core, increasing the overall volume by 89% over stock and bumping up the external fin surface area by 162%. On top of the larger core, our all-aluminum, TIG-welded intercooler features a more robust bar-and-plate construction for better heat dissipation characteristics. In addition, the cast aluminum end tanks are integrated with airflow diverters to ensure use of the full core.
In addition to the more robust intercooler, our Performance Intercooler Kit for your 2015+ Golf or Audi A3/S3 includes our Performance Intercooler Pipe Kit. We ditched the stock plastic piping and rubber couplers for mandrel-bent aluminum piping and 5-layer silicone couplers. Our piping increases the air channels to and from the intercooler to 2.75 inches, resulting in a 30% increase in flow.
When combined, our innovations for the MK7 intercooling system yielded max power gains of 14.5 whp and 13 wtq on the stock tuning. In addition, our charged air cooler dropped intercooler outlet temperatures by 23 F