- Making the S55 sound great. Again.
- Stand out from the crowd with the intoxicating sound of your F8X M3 / M4 with an AWE Exhaust.
- Set your F8X M3 / M4 apart from others on the road with the perfect exhaust note.
- Dress up the rear of your F8X M3 / M4 with these stunning Chrome Silver 90mm Tips.
- Unified design for OPF euro and non-euro spec cars (2015 - 2020 fitments confirmed)
- 50-state legal catback design: sick sound with all catalysts intact
- Precision-engineered X-pipe to unlock a clean S55 tone
- Available as valved SwitchPath™ or rowdy Track Edition
- SwitchPath™ utilizes factory valving and retains M-Sport button functionality
- 3” CNC mandrel-bent configuration catback configuration
- Max gains of 12 hp and 16 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Track Edition comes complete with AWE machined mechanical valve simulators
- Tip options include 102mm double-walled, slash-cut tips in chrome silver or diamond black
- Handcrafted from U.S.-sourced .065" wall T304L stainless steel
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE
- No Check Engine Light Guarantee
- Perfect Fitment Guarantee
- Featuring the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
- 2015 - 2018 BMW (F8X) M3 3.0L Turbo RWD
- 2015 - 2020 BMW (F8X) M4 3.0L Turbo RWD
- 2015 - 2020 BMW (F8X) M4 Convertible 3.0L Turbo RWD
We made the S55 sound epic with the valves closed, and with them open. again! All while remaining emissions compliant. Presenting the second generation of SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the BMW F8X M3 and M4.
Minimal bends, maximum flow, and push-button attitude. The SwitchPath™ Exhaust is a true catback configuration comprised of 3-inch and 2.5-inch U.S.-sourced T304L stainless steel, a precision x-pipe, and a valved SwitchPath™ muffler tuned specifically for the S55.
Beginning after the secondary catalysts, the precision X-pipe immediately helps smooth the S55 of its infamous rasp, allowing the tone to be further refined by the bespoke muffler in the rear.
The closed valve experience:
When the valves are closed, the SwitchPath™ Exhaust produces a refined, aggressive howl while remaining full-bodied and powerful – no congested, metallic sounds here when on the throttle. At cruising speeds, interior acoustics are close to stock. AWE SwitchPath™ tech also responds perfectly to the many transmission settings and shift points in DCT vehicles. Drop the hammer with the valves closed and SwitchPath™ sings a proper M anthem. If you were to leave the valves closed at all times after equipping SwitchPath™, we wouldn't blame you - it's that good. all of the time.
The opened valve experience:
Open the valves and the S55's roar is uncorked. Sport and Sport+ modes achieve the ultimate contrast in behavior when compared to comfort driving modes (valves closed). In Sport mode, the exhaust note is powerful, clean, and aggressive. In Sport+ mode, the same aggression applies. but with grin-provoking burbles.a lot of grin-provoking burbles. Thanks to the precision X-pipe, the rasp is still kept in check while allowing the exhaust note to reach full aggression.
If you're looking for the best of both worlds and want to retain your factory valve behavior all while gaining peace of mind (i.e. emissions compliance), look no further than SwitchPath™.