- Pull ahead of the competition with an aFe Open Element Intake for your E39 540i.
- Give your engine that intoxicating induction noise!
- Improve the look of your engine bay.
- Better gas mileage makes it easier to sell your significant other on.
- Cleanable air filter for low cost maintenance.
- 1997-2003 BMW 540i (E39) M62 Engine V8 4.4L Gas
This air intake system produces 10 max horsepower, 14lbs. x ft. torque and out-flowed the factory intake by 62%. Includes a durable 16 gauge, powder-coated heat shield; this air intake system features a washable/reusable conical air filter that improves airflow. This intake system incorporates a unique 3-angle filter adaptor that smooths air transition into the intake tract for better performance. One-piece heat shield requires little or no assembly and the filter is constructed with 100% polyurethane for long life and multiple cleaning cycles.
5-1/2 Conical Filter with Inverted Top: This intake utilizes a huge, 5-1/2" conical Pro 5R performance air filter with inverted top for maximum flow. This 5-layer progressive, oiled cotton gauze air filter provides maximum flow for increased horsepower and torque.
This intake is 50-state legal for 1997-2003 models (CARB E.O Number D-550-3)
One-Piece Filter Housing: The air filter is housed in a one-piece, black powdercoated 16-gauge heat shield that keeps warm engine air out for maximum performance. This one-piece heat shield uses factory mounting locations and comes with all hardware for a hassle-free installation.
3-Angle Adaptor: A 3-angle adaptor is used to speed up the air flow for improved performance and throttle response.