General Benefits of Big Brake Kits
Big Brake Kits give your vehicle that Supercar look and feel, and exceed stock performance in two areas. First, larger rotors increase heat capacity. Second, stiffer calipers and stainless steel lines reduce system compliance.
The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting the stock front to rear brake torque ratio. If the brake upgrade you select adds too much front torque (as many do), you reduce your car's ability to utilize the tractive capacity of all of the tires to the maximum practical extent (even on ABS equipped cars) and you therefore create performance sacrifices. In addition, too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, which limits a driver's control of brake input on the race track.
Advantages of StopTech over other brake upgrades:
- Shorter Stopping Distances
- Better Brake Modulation
- Firmer Brake Pedal
- Less Brake Fade
Feature Benefit Summary:
- Balanced Brake Upgrades with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel
- Our patented AeroRotors® with the best airflow available result in better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life
- The stiffest aftermarket calipers with patented bridge result in better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper
- Track testing of new applications ensures optimum performance
ST-40 & ST-45 - 4 PISTON CALIPER FOR FRONT & REAR(4 piston kits with 380mm rotors use ST-45 calipers)
* Squeeze Forged means that pressure is applied during cooling. This produces a beautifully finished, solid part without porosity.
ST-60 - 6 PISTON CALIPER FOR FRONT
ST-22 - 2 PISTON CALIPER FOR REAR KITS
- 2 piece floating directional AeroRotors with hats (pre-assembled)
- Stainless steel brake lines
- Caliper mounting brackets
- Street performance pads
Caliper Color OptionsCalipers are available in the following colors:
Blue, gold and yellow calipers have a 30-45 day lead time and are $200 extra per axle.
Rotors are available slotted, drilled or plain. Drilled rotors are $100 extra per axle.
StopTech now offers an anti-corrosion gold zinc coating for all AeroRotors. The coating benefits customers who live in cold climates where snow and road salt are commonly encountered, and customers who would prefer to not have visible surface rust on the vanes and outer circumference of their rotors. Zinc coating does not have a negative environmental impact like other coatings. Gold zinc coating costs $70 per axle extra.