- Pull ahead of the competition with an aFe Open Element Intake for your E36.
- Give your engine that intoxicating induction noise!
- Improve the look of your engine bay.
- Better gas mileage makes it easier to sell your significant other on.
- Cleanable air filter for low cost maintenance.
- Designed to clear larger HID style headlight housings
- Dyno tested intake tube for maximum horsepower and torque
- Hassle-Free installation provides less time wrenching and more time driving
- Dyno Proven Results: +20 HP and +25 Lbs. x ft. of torque
- One piece large rotomolded intake tube increases air velocity and improved engine performance
- Fits both US and Euro MAF sensors
- 1999-1999 BMW 323ti (E36) M52 Engine (European Spec) L6 2.5L Gas
- 1993-1995 BMW 325is (E36) M50 Engine L6 2.5L Gas
- 1996-1998 BMW 328is (E36) M52 Engine L6 2.8L Gas
- 1996-1999 BMW M3 (E36) S52 Engine L6 3.2L Gas
- Emissions Disclaimer: Some or all of the applications listed are 50-state exempt, please see CARB EO# D-550-38 for details.
- Installation Instructions
5 IN Tall Conical Filter: This intake utilizes a huge, 5 IN tall conical Pro 5R performance air filter for maximum flow. This 5-layer progressive, oiled cotton gauze air filter provides maximum flow for increased horsepower and torque.
One-Piece Filter Housing: The air filter is housed in a one-piece, black powder coated 16-gauge heat shield that keeps warm engine air out for maximum performance. This one-piece heat shield uses factory mounting locations and comes with all hardware for a hassle-free installation.
Fitment with EURO MAFs on US Specs cars:
On US specs cars converted to use the EURO MAF, this intake requires Tube Upgrade 54-12399 (sold separately) to fit correctly.
This air intake system produces up to 20 horsepower, 25 lbs. x ft. torque and out-flows the factory intake by 80%. Included in this system is a washable/reusable "oiled" conical air filter that uses five layers of progressive weave media for maximum air flow. The filter is constructed with 100% polyurethane for a long life and multiple cleaning cycles. This intake system also features a rotomolded tube that replaces the stock intake tract and directs increased air flow with improved volumetric efficiency for maximum performance. This intake system incorporates a unique coupling that smoothens the air transition into the intake tract, and also allows this kit to fit on both US and EURO Mass Air Flow Sensors. A one-piece black powder-coated heat shield requires little to no assembly for a hassle free installation.
Compatible w/ Aftermarket HIDs: This system was designed to clear larger style HID headlight housings.