Are you looking to lower your BMW with the best suspension possible? Whether you are lowering just for looks or for the huge performance benefits, we have a KW system to suit your needs. Coilovers are the best suspension solution as all the parts are crafted to function together, as opposed to just lowering springs. KW coilovers are known for their signature colors, individuality, quality, and security. In addition, KW coilovers are most often the coilovers that allow the most lowering adjustability compared to other options for your vehicle. Scroll down below to read more on each Variant and decide which option is best for you!
Available Applications: BMW E85 Z4 Roadster and ///M Roadster
| KW Variant 2 |
Sporty and Personalized with adjustable Rebound Dampening
The system intended for the experienced driver who requires to not only determine the individual lowering of their vehicle, but adjust the damper setting to fine tune the system to their needs. The adjustable rebound damper allows adjustment of the pitch and roll behavior of the vehicle, adapting it to ones own driving preferences.
- Damping technology with individually adjustable rebound
KW Variant 3
- Independently adjustable damping technology -rebound and compression damping
Why do KW's cost more than other Coilovers?
The answer is simple, you get what you pay for when it comes to vehicle suspension. As such a crucial component of your vehicle, suspension is definitely something you do not want to cheap out on. KW is known for their reinforced and durable suspension components. KW's coilovers have been carefully crafted and designed by studying the flaws of competitors and improving on them. In addition KW coilovers can go lower than just about any other brand and allow you to set your car to a ""slammed look"", ""sporty look"", or anywhere in between. In the unfortunate event that anything should happen to your coilovers, KW's warranty backs all their products from manufacturer's defect.
Lowering Adjustment Rates
Roadster Front: 0.8 - 2.0 (inches)
Roadster Rear: 0.6 - 1.5 (inches)
Roadster Front Spring Rate: 285 (lbs/inch)
///M Roadster Front: 0.4 - 1.5 (inches)
///M Roadster Rear: 0.2 - 1.4 (inches)
///M Roadster Front Spring Rate: P (lbs/inch)
- Infinitely adjustable within German TUEV-tested adjustment parameters
- Shortened struts for increased spring travel
- Trapezoidal threads for simple height adjustment
- Three different damping technologies for individual adjustment
- Elastomer bump stops with integrated dust boot protection
- Easy to read documentation
- Ready to use comprehensive solutions
- Visually perfect safe and unique motion dynamics
- Strut housings in inox-line stainless steel technology
- Anodized aluminum spring collars and add-on pieces
- High-quality, high-tensile racing springs
- Special ventilation and sealing system
- High-quality damping components
- Hardened, chromium-plated piston rods
- Special guide and sealing systems
- Pistons with V-shaped Teflon seals optimal sealing with minimal friction temperature-resistant, durable damping technology
What are Coilovers?
A coilover suspension basically gives you a matched lowering spring and shock absorber combination with the added benefit of adjustable ride height and spring rates through a moveable spring perch or perches. Coilovers are to your car's advantage by reducing unsprung mass, increasing suspension travel, and allowing the car to be corner balanced.
| ||Rebound Adjustment Variant 2 and 3 |
Rebound adjustment, with the exception of specified vehicles, can be performed with the kit installed via an adjustment spindle on the end of the piston rod. The rebound damping primarily, controls pitch and roll of the vehicle, especially in the low speed damping range which directly influences handling and comfort. Therefore vehicle can be adjusted to the needs of the driver, making the ride variable from comfortable to sporty and stiff, both with improved road handling
|Pressure adjustment Variant 3 |
The compression characteristics are adjusted utilizing a new, patented valve at the lower end of the damper casing. The number of pre-installable parameters available for this valve allow for settings for just about any application required. The unique low-speed pressure adjustment is the decisive feature of this technology. In this absorption area the handling of the vehicle is greatly influenced. An increase in the damping force supports the vehicle even during compression, thereby preventing pitch, roll and notably improving cornering behavior.
In association with independent adjustable rebound absorption the experienced driver has all the parameters required for effective suspension tuning.