Alpha Performance designed the Omega Brushless Fuel Pump System to solve the fueling problems most GT-R owners have been plagued with for years. The fuel pump options for the GT-R were always a compromise - leaving owners with a bulky, difficult to install, obnoxiously loud, multiple pump setups prone to fuel starvation. This is primarily due to pressure loss caused from overheating. With this in mind, Alpha's engineering team set out to create the end-all, be-all of fuel systems for the future. With over 2 years of extensive research and testing, we now offer the ultimate fueling solution for your R35 GT-R!
Lower Fuel Temperature To Save Your VR38 Engine
One of the biggest problems your R35 GT-R has is the overheating of fuel inside your tank. The fuel tank already sits above a heat-soaked GR6 transmission and exhaust. Having 2 or 3 inefficient brushed pumps inside the tank just adds to this problem. We have seen fuel boil inside a GTR fuel tank with as little as 140° F ( 60° C). When fuel boils, pump output drops dramatically - reducing the fuel supply to the engine. Not enough fuel triggers a lean condition that causes detonation or extreme combustion temperatures hot enough to melt your engine components.
Screw Style Pump For Maximum Fuel Output In The Most Demanding Conditions
In line with the electrical motor, you have the mechanical side of the fuel pump. This is what actually pumps / pressurizes the fuel. During testing, we found that the style of pump makes a huge difference in pumping efficiency, especially when fuel temperature gets elevated. Traditionally, a vane style or impeller style pump is used. Unfortunately, with this style, fuel output can drop as much as 50% at higher fuel temps. The Omega Brushless Fuel Pump uses a screw style pumping mechanism which is practically immune to this phenomenon.
Super High Flow And Consistent Fuel Pressure
All too often, standard fuel pumps suffer from pressure drop at higher fuel pressures. Our superior screw style fuel pump maintains much higher pressure despite these harsh operating conditions. The graph below compares the Omega Brushless Fuel Pump with others on the market along with a stock Bugatti pump for reference.
User Interface Makes Custom Tuning A Breeze
Unlike most aftermarket fuel systems, our controller allows you to tailor the fuel output to your specific needs. We supply basic settings to help you get up and running quickly. If you choose, it can simply be set up to run like a traditional aftermarket pump. If you need advanced functions, our easy to navigate Graphic User Interface (GUI) makes custom programming of the pump simple. Pump output can easily be controlled one of three ways.
- Basic: Set up a constant pump output simply by raising pump duty cycle to the desired fuel pressure.
- Intermediate: Pump output can be staged based off of a switch. Using a Hobbs switch or WOT switch you can switch between two output percentages.
- Advanced: Pump output can be referenced to a 0 to 5V input. Tapping into a MAP sensor or throttle position sensor will allow the fuel pump to linearly output more fuel as you increase throttle or increase MAP.
One Fuel System To Buy
While the initial investment of a low cost pump(s) might be attractive, the overworking of the pump and possible damage to the engine can cost much more, making the Omega Brushless System quite cost effective. Our system also allows room for growth with one pump able to support 1200whp. If you ever exceed the capabilities of the single pump system an additional Omega Brushless Pump can easily be added to your existing system. Just like a boost controller, you can dial in the required fuel needed for your specific set-up by simply adjusting the Omega Pump controller for desired flow.
Tested And Proven On The World's Fastest GT-Rs
The Omega Fuel System has been thoroughly tested and proven on some of the fastest Alpha powered GT-R's including our flagship Alpha Omega. For over 2 years we have conducted long term testing on the brushless technology so you can rest assured you are installing the best in your GT-R.
- Produces less heat lowering fuel temperature and prevent engine damage
- Smaller for easy installation
- Quieter for driving comfort
- High flow rate with no pressure drop
- 1200HP capable with room to expand the system
- Entire system neatly contained inside the fuel tank
- Utilizes the factory ""surge tank"" to prevent fuel starvation
- All components are compatible with ethanol (E85),pump and race fuel
- Simple user interface
- Tested and proven on the world's fastest R35 GT-Rs
- Billet fuel pump filter housing with pump installed and assembled
- Wire harnesses
- 3.5 Bar MAP sensor
- Fuel pump controller
- USB interface
- USB thumb drive with software and detailed instructions
- Inside tank hoses
- All necessary hardware and fittings to install
- 2009+ Nissan R35 GT-R
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models (LHD & RHD)
If you have any questions about the Alpha Performance Omega Brushless Fuel Pump System for the Nissan GTR, Please give us a call (714) 582-3330