The lower priced sibling of AWE's renowned Touring Edition Exhaust, the Track Edition Exhaust line up is made of the same quality 304 stainless, is crafted in house, and delivers the same power gains. The difference comes in the removal of AWE Tunings sound-cancelling 180 Technology rear-mufflers, which can be found on AWE's Touring Edition Exhaust.
|Year(s) ||Body ||Drivetrain ||Transmission ||Part |
|2013-16 ||Cabrio ||Quattro ||ALL ||S5 Cabrio Exhaust System |
|2013-16 ||Coupe ||Quattro ||ALL ||S5 Coupe Exhaust System |
| Features |
- + 8hp, +9tq at the crank
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5 to better let the engine exhale
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black individually adjustable tips
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Thick .065"" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel TIG welds
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
- Optional Downpipes for fine tuning sound volume
- Stainless steel center muffler with OEM-grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material
- Lifetime Warranty
| IMPORTANT NOTES |
- Given the removal of the rear-mufflers, this system cannot be returned due to sound.
- S-Tronic owners beware: This system will be especially loud at part throttle.
- In limited cases, the factory downpipes have been known to emit minor rattling noises when paired with the AWE Tuning S5 exhaust system. The possibility of rattling is eliminated with the addition of AWE Tuning downpipes. AWE Tuning downpipes are package discounted when purchased with the exhaust, or if they are purchased within one year of an exhaust purchase.
The magic behind this handcrafted exhaust is a combination of hundreds of R&D hours as well as the important ingredient of AWE Tuning downpipes, replacing the stock downpipes.
As with all AWE Tuning exhaust products, each TIG weld is hand finished internally, only butt-welded junctions are used, and flange openings are size matched to their ports, all to produce the smoothest flow possible. It is this intensive attention to detail that sets AWE Tuning exhaust products heads and shoulders above the rest.
AWE Tuning exhaust systems are hand built works of art, are award winning, and are what your S5 deserves.
Helmholtz Noise Cancellation Resonators
Once uncorked, the gearing and engine load with the S-Tronic transmission causes a very bad low rpm drone. You can even slightly hear this drone with the stock system in place. To combat this issue, AWE spent over 170 hours massaging the sound quality and developing special Helmholtz noise cancellation resonators tuned to eliminate any and all drone in the 1000-2200 rpm range. In its final configuration, this system is fitted with straight through mufflers and an x-pipe for increased exhaust scavenging flow.
All of which include the AWE Tuning logo, and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage.
|S5 Cabrio Exhaust System |
- Slash Cut Diamond Black Tips
- Slash Cut Polished Silver Tips
- Diamond Black Oval Tips
|S5 Coupe Exhaust System |
- 90mm Slash Cut Diamond Black Tips
- 90mm Slash Cut Polished Silver Tips
- 102mm Slash Cut Diamond Black Tips
- 102mm Slash Cut Polished Silver Tips
All tips are individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste.
About the downpipes
AWE offers Resonated and Non-Resonated Downpipes. Their Resonated Downpipes (strongly recommended for S-tronic cars) feature resonators larger than the stock units in order to produce a mellow sound volume. Our optional Non-Resonated downpipes are suited for owners seeking a ""loud"" and aggressive sounding system. Both Resonated and Non-Resonated Downpipes feature larger than stock tubing diameter.
Downpipe Removal Tool
If installation is in your future, be sure to pick up the AWE Tuning Downpipe Removal Tool. The factory bolts are near impossible to get to. AWE created this tool because they needed it. Now available to the public.